Monday, August 16, 2010

34 and 1/2 weeks

I haven't gotten any basketball comments yet, but I'm waiting... :)

How far along? 34 1/2 weeks. That means 8 months and 3 weeks. Almost 9 months!! The way I was calculating it before was wrong.
Total weight gain: 29 pounds - This weight thing is another funny story. See... I'm not very good with math. And I thought that I was pushing 40 pounds and so embarrassed about it. But then I actually sat down with a calculator and realized that I am only pushing 30! Relief! So I am right where I need to be now - all the other posts I was putting the wrong amount. Haha. It's a good thing I only taught 1st grade.... but give me a break! It's hard to see these new numbers on the scale. :)
Stretch marks on the belly? Nope
Sleep: Uncomfortable. Right now we are sleeping on two twin beds pushed together to make a king and it's a good thing because all I do is barrel roll all night and poor Mason wouldn't get an ounce of sleep!
Best moment this month: Just watching my stomach move. It's amazing that he's in there. Plus the birthing class that we are going to has really made it seem so miraculous.
Movement: Still the same wild thing. I think he's going to be a football player just like his daddy and he's practicing on my internal organs.
Food cravings: Not really anything.
Labor Signs: Just the Braxton Hicks still.
Belly Button in or out? Out but I think it's gone back in a little bit.
What I miss: My energy! I'm worthless these days!!!
What I am looking forward to: I get to have ANOTHER ultrasound tomorrow being I started with a new doctor. Plus I'm looking forward to working on the baby's room. I know i say that every time... but not much has progressed. I think we are going to paint it this week though!!
Milestones:
And the milestone is that the dresser got halfway put together last night. We will finish it tonight, but that means I can start washing his clothes and putting them away. 5 weeks (or sooner) is going to be here before we know it!!


4 comments:

Britta Mosman said...

Im so excited for you!! It is getting closer :)

Kara Miller said...

It really is coming up so fast!! Oh goodness I just can't wait. I remember crying in my breastfeeding class when they showed babies nursing...like you said, miraculous!

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

You are too cute Allison!! You have the cutest maternity clothes... where have you found them?? You're getting so close.

Ken and Kristina said...

You are beautiful!! I am so excited for you! I love your fun updates! You're going to be a mommy!!