Monday, June 7, 2010

The new guy...

When I was in college one of my friends and I use to enjoy pretending what it was like to be 'the new guy.' You know... the guy at the parties who would stand in he circles desperately wanting to be accepted into the crowd, but feeling so awkward it was painful to witness - eager and willing to laugh at any and every joke.

Yeah... I'm the new guy right now. Except I don't really walk into circles hoping to fit in... I just feel pretty isolated. Granted I have only been here a week, but you forget what it's like to be surrounded by friends!! But we're getting along. We drove down to my parents last night for dinner and that was nice. I know I complained before about being too far away from my mom's house... well I still have that complain. An hour and a half is still too far.

But I just had a good chuckle as I was sitting in church yesterday feeling like 'the new guy' and offering a smile to anyone who would take it. *Sigh*

Anywho... so on Saturday to get me out of the house before I reached insanity we drove out to Lake Pleasant. Surprisingly it's only about 20 minutes from where we live! That was fun! We had a little picnic and went swimming to get out of the heat.


Here's the little Mister and I contemplating life...


And here goes Mason swimming across the lake... I don't think he realized how far it really was until he got half way to the other side.

It was fun to be out in the sun. That always cheers me up!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I LOVE IT!! You're the "new guy" now but that will go away soon. It's home for you guys. New homes are always difficult. I remember when I started teaching at Ridgeline I had also moved into a new home the same month. It was a new job, new neighbors, and a new ward all at once. It was overwhelming but there was a fun aspect of being the "new guy" as well. Try to enjoy it as much as you can. I MISS YOU!!

Dorothy & Tony said...

oh miss you guys already! im gonna need your address to send you your apron and a gift for your little dude! hope you guys are settling beautifully! love you guys!

Clayton and Niki said...

Where do you guys live now? We should get together. :)

xantogal said...

I remember being the "new guy" once when I moved into my apartment. Luckily for me, the only other person there was a "new guy" too - we've been friends ever since :D
Just keep smiling and remember you are loved by so many people, myself included!

Kayz said...

Aw girl! I'm so so so sorry!!! I DETEST that feeling of being the 'newbi'. UGH! I'm sure the second they talk to you once you'll be their faves! =) MUCHO love!!