Sunday, March 28, 2010

My sweet little lemon...


My baby is the size of a lemon! Getting bigger....! I can't believe how fast it grows!


I feel like I look similar to the last picture I posted but it has been 4 weeks... so time for an update!! I feel like I just look like I ate a giant meal. But I know these days are numbered! It also looks like I am arching my back... but I wasn't - I swear I'm not trying to stick it out! (As Mason always says)

How far along? 14 1/2 weeks
Total weight gain: 4 pounds! They say I will now start gaining a pound a week! I can't imagine gaining 25-35 pounds!
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I wake up once each night for a very needed potty break. I also feel uncomfortable and can only lay on my sides. Some nights are better than others. I read that during this stage there is a hormone that makes it difficult to sleep. I suppose that's what's going on.
Best moment this month: Hearing the heart beat at the doctor's appointment last week. It was amazing hearing that little pitter-patter. You could hear mine behind it as well.
Movement: None yet.
Gender: I am convinced it's a boy. I still have 7 more weeks until I find out... the suspense is killing me!!!
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? in
What I miss: SUSHI. Oh I miss it so much. We were such good friends.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling my little one start to kick inside of me.
Monthly Wisdom: I'd say my monthly wisdom comes from my student teacher who is 28 weeks pregnant. She has been my 'baby guru' and informed me on SO many things. I have learned where to apply shea butter to avoid stretch marks, what's ok to eat or not, and just this weekend I went to her baby shower and learned what to register for!! So fun!
Milestones: I am officially in the 2nd trimester! That's means I'm 1/3 of the way done. Whoo-hoo!



Mason wasn't home to take the picture so check out my ghetto tripod.

8 comments:

Everts said...

I love how you posted about this! You're going to enjoy reading this later on. I wish I did this! You look adorable! I'm so excited for you, you're seriously going to be such a fabulous mama!

The sleeping at night only gets worse and before you know it, you will be so prone to getting up anytime during the night so by the time the baby comes, getting up in the night isn't as hard as you think.

Kara Miller said...

You are amazing with your photog skillz...you look beautiful. And you can still eat California rolls! No raw fish there, baby. Eat one in my memory ;)

xantogal said...

I love your tripod! I frequently use silly objects to put my camera on too :) Are you holding my sweatshirt for ransom? What do I owe you...

Stephanie Saunders said...

Before I read that it was your tripod, I was a little nervous that you were going to say that you had to stand on top of it to get something up high...

Lindsey and Jeremy said...

You look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! You are right, the days of looking like you ate a giant meal are numbered. I love your pregnant belly. I am so excited for you. The tripod that you made is so perfectly inventive. You will be such an amazing mother. I love you Alli. :)

Kayz said...

You are so adorable!! You tiny lil thang! =) I LOVED this post and think it's BRILLIANT to think through all the moments that accompany such a blessed event. (I agree--a boy...but maybe that's just kuz that's what your family has a LOT of...BoYz). So excited AND impressed by your ingenious/inventive pic taking strategies. =) Love ya girlie!

P.S. I TOTALLY thought of you yesterday. I was at another school (grant class) and saw a sign for 'Mrs. Lefler' and TOTALLY thought of ya (Leybas Lefler) =)

Sherine said...

I read this a while ago and haven't gotten around to commenting. I'm supposed to be packing for another trip so naturally I am procrastinating on the computer.
When I read this I couldn't help but remember my first pregnancy. It is absolutely MAGICAL! The rest aren't so fun.. but the first? It's wonderful. I remember being amazed every day at the changes going on... and the anticipation of the delivery. Good luck -- and enjoy every minute of it:)

longge said...

Hogan is well appreciated by their clients because of its sporty look as well as high utility function. These Hogan scarpe donna can be used daily since they are rough and tough and go well with different outfits. They would suit perfectly be it a sports event or any casual event. Hogan scarpe uomo has taken special care to design Hogan uomo so that their regular clientele and new customers are happy with the end product.