Sunday, December 27, 2009

Have yourself an Arizona Christmas...

We have been having such a fun time in Arizona. We got here Wednesday night. I got to meet up with one of my friends that I haven't seen since we graduated. Lindsey! I love this girl. So that's what I did 3 hours after I got here. I made sure that I spent some very missed time with this girl.
Then the next day, Christmas Eve, it was time for the festivities. This was our first Christmas with everyone all together including the new inlaws ever. So Stacey and Mason got thrown into the Leybas family traditions. They survived the weekend - barely.
We always get up Christmas Eve morning and make tamales. Yummy! And then we get to smell them cooking all day. We don't do the traditional Christmas dinner with ham. We have a Mexican dinner including our tamales.
Then it's on to see Santa Claus in the Casa Grande Mall. You gotta love this old Santa. He has been the same Santa ever since I was 5 years old. I swear he never ages. Wait.. of course he doesn't. He's Santa!!! (But really! He never ages!!!)
It was funny. First of all when we got there the mall was completely deserted except for Santa and Mason turns to me and says, "Where is everyone??" It's CG. What do you expect? Then this little 7 year old African American boy runs up and yells "You all are too big for Santa!" Again... welcome to CG. I love it.
So then we end the night driving around while looking at Christmas lights. Then it's always been a family tradition that Christmas morning all the kids have to meet on the parents bed before going downstairs to open presents. So even though most of us are pushing 30 - we still did - barely.
Then it's on to open stockings. As you will notice the boys' (meaning my brothers) faces never change year after year.
I got my dad a snuggie for Christmas. He has been talking about these ever since he saw them on tv the first time. I couldn't resist. Haha.
After all the presents get opened it's a free-for-all in the wrapping paper. Yes Eric's in there somewhere.
And then it's pose with all your best presents. NOTICE MINE!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! I got the new Rebel T1I. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I haven't put it down since I've gotten it. I just can't wait to get home to use my editing program!
That was about it for Christmas. Then the next day we went to see Avatar. I liked it a lot. After that we went to this yummy resturant called "My Big Fat Greek Resturant." While we were there these belly dancers came out. Here is one hitting on my dad.

Then we went to Grandma's house.
And I played with my new toy taking pictures of things I love...
...like these.


I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

I don't think my merry Christmas was complete until I saw your dad in a snuggie. That made my day :)

Britta Mosman said...

How fun!! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas:) Enjoy the somewhat warmer AZ;) how long are you guys down here?

KM said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! The pic of your fam with Santa (can't believe he's the same one year after year) and Dad in a snuggie are CLASSICS! And WOWZA---what a Christmas gift!! =) I'm jealous! =) haha...SO awesome! Looks like amazing times were had by all!

longge said...

louis vuitton bag has been a bestseller almost continually since then. But remember, before there was Louis vuitton bags , there was louis vuitton handbags Vuitton started his empire as a layetier, outfitting French bergouisie with louis vuitton .