Monday, September 28, 2009

Boring Posts

I have realized that my past couple of posts have probably been quite boring for you readers out there. I am obsessively reading all of your blogs and loving it - until today when I realized that they made mine look so... uneventful. So thank you for posting, but I have to apologize for the lameness of my recent posts. Decorations and crafts are all I have to blog about these days. Hopefully this upcoming Halloween season will bring some more interesting posts.

Football/school starting/no children or pets = a boring blog.

So bear with me as I am excited about another Halloween project I just finished. I have decided to insert different font sizes to spice things up. Here it comes...

Now the main reason I am so excited about this project is because it cost me 2 whole dollars to make something so cute! Here's how...

Costs:
.99 cents at Roberts for the orange paint
$1.00 at Roberts for the cute ribbon
(gotta love coupons)
THAT'S IT!

Start with some scrap wood. I found these in a little garbage pile next to a new home being built in my area. I thought I surely would get arrested as I collected these while the workers were there... but no one seemed to notice. Just pretend like you belong there and no one will ask questions. Paint them orange. Then sand around the edges. I cut some 2 inch medium thick branches off my tree. Glued them to the top and wrapped around some green ribbon and raffia I had laying around. Ta-Da! Wooden pumpkins!


Easy, cute, and fun to make. Thanks for taking the time to read another uneventful post.

13 comments:

Britta Mosman said...

Wow they are super cute!!! You are so creative and talented:)

Everts said...

How clever!!! They are adorable!! You could even do lines on them or a letter or face. But I like them plain too. And Allison, I do not think your posts are boring at all! I love reading your blog. I am totally going to steal this idea. Keep posting about crafts you do, I need inspiration and ideas! :)

Kimberly said...

Those are really cute!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Okay, those are ADORABLE! Kent has all this stupid scrap wood in the garage. Now I know what I'm going to do with them! I haven't been this excited about an idea for a while...

The Stanford Bunch said...

those are so cute, I also love the wreath you made, good job, I enjoy reading your blog, silly! :)

xantogal said...

You are so funny. Your life is very eventful and I love reading your posts... as boring as you think they are :)

Hilary said...

Not boring. Genius.

Jana and Brett said...

whatever! I'm always interested in what you have to say. :0)
And What-e-ver! Those are stinkin cute. Good Job! I wanna play. Too bad there aren't any wood scrap piles in Student Housing.

Everts said...

Don't worry... 661 is our area code. I guess we represent here in good ol so cal. lol you're not out of any loop. :)

Kristina said...

You should make a bunch and sell them in the faculty room like that one lady used to do. You'd make money. I'd buy. Love them!!

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

definitely you post is UNEVENTFUL. i loooooove all you cute stuff you do and ideas! your blog is one of my first i click onto..to read!!! keep it comin cause i really like reading!! =)

Tanya said...

Allison, if you just came up with that idea on your own, I'm totally impressed!!! Your blogs on crafts are completely EVENTFUL! There's tons of blogs out there that are purely for CRAFTS! With what I've seen so far maybe you could create one! Totally adorable- I LOVE LOVE LOVE projects that are easy, cheap and totally cute, you can't get better than that!!! You go girl!

longge said...

louis vuitton bags are available in every color and are there to provide you great levels of comfort and style. You can easily grasp the attention of people around you and they would consider you the fashion icon. You would become famous in your gathering just because of carrying the best quality louis vuitton for sale with you. This brand has its roots in France, where Monogram Denim has the most popularity but because of the finest quality and great designs and versatility, these Monogram Denim Patchwork are gaining more popularity in the United States and in other parts of the world.