This was from my problem student this year. I heard him telling this to a friend:
- "I like Mrs. Lefler because she's so nice. She's always smiling - even when she's mad." - J
This quote was from the same student. He had to stay in during recess for a couple of minutes once and I went over to get a drink from the fountain.
- "YOU even take a drink??" - J
"Yes... I am human..." -Me
"Oh. I didn't know that." - J
This was in response when I asked where her homework was:
- "I couldn't do it because all the pens at our house were out of ink!" -S
Every year during Martin Luther King day there is almost a reverent feeling of thanks for people being equal. My kids always love this unit I do with them. One little boy raised his hand and said this:
- "I know how to thank Martin Luther even though he is dead. I'm going to say a prayer and thank him." -M (How sweet is that??)
While I was teaching and the kids were all sitting at the carpet I look down and this little boy has blood gushing out of his thumb. I asked, "What happened????"
- "I bite my skin. It's attracting."
This was a conversation I was overhearing between two little boys who LOVE space. They were reading a book on the moon. Here's how it went:
- "I wonder how space ships leave the atmosphere and not burn up." - D
"Yeah and how don't they hit the moon?" - J
This is yet another conversation I heard between the same little boys during reading time a different day.
- "Do you know how many people there are in the world?" - J
- "180." - D
- "Wow." - J
This last one is a little note that I found on my desk. School starts at 7:55 and I was suppose to be there at 7:30. Occasionally I wouldn't get there until 7:45 and if it was snowing outside a couple of kids would be waiting by my door to come in. Well this one particular morning I did come late and this was the note I found. Sorry it's backwards:
(Dear Mrs. Lefler, You slept in today. From?)
I love my job.