Friday, August 28, 2009

First Century

So I have this little girl in my class who is a complete crack up. Her name is Audrieanna and yes she is the one who asked if I was painting my nails. She is very bossy and very busy. She is a little hispanic girl with all the sass and attitude of a latino.

Well yesterday was the first day we did math centers. During the second rotation she asked if she could go to the bathroom. I let her go and when she came back we had this conversation:

Audrie: What century was first?
Me: (thinking she was asking what center she was at first being this was the first day of centers) Do you mean what center were you at first?
Audrie: No teacher. I mean what century was born first?
Me: (totally confused and trying to figure out what she is asking) I don't know what you mean Audrieanna.
Audrie: (rolling her eyes and frustrated) What world was born first?!
Me: I'm not sure what you are asking me... Do you mean when was the world created?
Audrie: (slapping her arms to her side and completely irritated with my ignorance) George Washington???!!!
Me: George Washington was the first president......
Audrie: That's what I thought.

And then she walked away. I was left stunned and confused and cracking up. Can someone please tell me what happened...?

8 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

I still can't figure out what my own kid means half the time, let alone other kids. And eventually I'll get around to posting belly pics- though you'll probably regret the request in the end...

Everts said...

lol. I'm sorry but I am completely lost, just like you. What the?! Those little latino chickas... you never know what they're going to say. ;) jk.

Dorothy & Tony said...

I think you may have been PUNKED! Wow...how cute is that! Kids say the funniest things! And sometimes I think are w while lot smarter than we give them credit for. Zion says stuff that leaves me completely dumb founded!

Kristina said...

We don't know. They're six. That explains everything, right?

Emily said...

That is so funny! I love it. Courtney and I have all kinds of these conversations. I am an idiot. LOL!!

Kimberly said...

Well, duh, Mrs. Lefler. Washington. Which makes me wonder if he was the oldest of the first couple presidents or not..

xantogal said...

ROFL!!! That is so funny!! If you ever figure out what all that was about, let me know ;)

Quindi said...

You're stereotyping of latins offends me. Most latinas I know are totally docile and modestic.