Friday, July 3, 2009

River Rafting Trip

We just got back from our river rafting trip.  We drove up to Riggins, Idaho.  I never knew Idaho was so pretty!  It was about an 8 hour drive but it seemed so quick.  It was gorgeous!  We camped on white sandy beaches on the river.  Below is a picture of the beach that we camped on.  You can kinda see the rafts and the tents set up.  I am standing on a bridge.

This is Quintin.  He is one of my best friends from high school who has the best job ever.  I'm considering becoming a river rafting guide so I can play all day too.  I asked him to give me his best river rafting guide face and this is what I got.  Perfect.

Mason and I sitting on the front of the raft.

There were spaces in between the rapids where there wasn't much going on... so Mason decided to take a nap on 'Sunburn Stretch.'  I believe that was the name.
 
So there were two boats that went down.  Our boat, where Quintin was the guide, and then the supply boat.  They packed everything on this raft.  The tents, stoves, food, outhouse (portable of course), and then Josh (another guide) floated along with us in that one.

There was another couple who went down with us, Kim and Josh (which I don't have any pictures of... dang it).  They brought their darling baby Jonas.  He didn't ride in the raft with us, but he got to eat lunch with us.  He was the cutest thing ever!  He liked to eat sand.

This is the company.  Their website is: www.epleys.com.  Check it out.  I highly recommend them!  Also there was a photographer on the side of the river who takes pictures of the rafts as they are going through one of the rapids.  I haven't ordered any pictures from the site yet but you can check them out.  They are pretty funny.  I will put the link to my favorite one and you can look at the others.  Just copy and paste this address into your browser:

http://klobetanz.smugmug.com/gallery/8771038_SBGjy#580719540_7V237

So after we were done rafting that day we didn't want to drive all the way back home so we drove 30 miles south to a BEAUTIFUL little town called McCall.  We found the perfect (as you can see) little camping spot right on the lake.  Totally secluded... we watched the sunset and rise from our tent.  It was beautiful.  The next morning we woke up and went swimming in the lake.

It really was amazing.  Actually every spot we camped at while being up there was beyond amazing.  Who would have thought??  Idaho!?

This was right at sunset.  It was quite the romantic getaway!  (If you like camping I suppose)


7 comments:

Quindi said...

Great pictures. And surprisingly that is a pretty accurate representation of my paddle or die face in a rapid.

Julie and Scott said...

Scott SOO wishes that I was outdoor-sy. The poor guy loves the outdoors, camping, fishing and would LOVE to river raft. Me? I am not only a girly girl but a scaredy cat at that. If there is risk involved I steer clear :) So way to go for being super brave. P.S. Your gorgeous camping spot ALMOST made me want to rough it :)

Everts said...

I am so jealous!! How fun!! It is so pretty... I never knew!

Jana and Brett said...

Fun! Idaho IS gorgeous! Although very windy, from what I can remember from my childhood. :0)
Hey, remember our camping trip where we all decided to sleep in the back of Niki's truck? bwa ha We weren't the brightest lights were we? Good times.

Tony & Dorothy said...

How much fun!!! ANd how beautiful is the scenery!!! I bet your loving your summer break! Love all your last posts, you and Mason are so cute together!

xantogal said...

So So fun!! I can't wait to go on my rafting trip this weekend!!! today's word: thirdo. In musicology, they used the term secondo, but never made it to thirdo.

longge said...

louis vuitton have got their own importance in our lives. We cannot imagine going to an adventurous tour, to a party, a meeting, for shopping or anywhere else without carrying a bag with us. We have so many things to carry with us while going anywhere and the louis handbags is the one which makes you stylish wherever you go. There are many people carrying Monogram Canvas with them but what makes you different from others is the name of the company, Monogram Cruise which is famous for producing high quality and quixotic designs for bags of every kind.