Saturday, July 18, 2009

First Harvest

We just got back from a family reunion with the Lefler's.  I didn't take any pictures!!  I'm disappointed in myself.  Anyway...  When we got home from Arizona we were rewarded with the first fruits (or veggies) of our labors.  Presenting....

Our romaine lettuce, snow peas, and our first (and only so far) cherry tomato!!


And then I just remembered this video.  A couple of weeks ago we were house sitting for Mason's parents to keep the cat company.  Strange I know...  This is not your normal cat.  It needs a certain amount of attention each day or it goes crazy.  Kinda like me.  Anyway... one morning we woke up to this...  BTW - I forgot my camera video records sideways... so this is a video of me looking at the window, sideways.  Hope you don't get a kink in your neck.  It was pretty funny.

video

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Ummm... Does Mason's parents know that their cat was on the OUTSIDE of the house? How do you "catsit" when the animal is outside? I'm so confused! I'll keep you in mind when I need a sitter for Tank. Although... he is an INSIDE dog.

We still need to get together for lunch now that you're back! Glad you had fun in Arizona!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Your veggies look great! I'm so jealous :) And that video made me want a cat...

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

those veggies look great! makes me want to start a garden but i dont have the patience...i wish i did though!
and that cat is gorgeous! yeah those ragdolls can be quite a handful. they're just like dogs i swear!

Britta Mosman said...

How cool!! Fresh veggies! I'm jealous:) Haha:) silly cat!

Sherine said...

Yes.. I'm back and finally getting caught up. Sheesh you've had a busy summer so far:) River rafting? Tubing? Wii wars? So who took care of your garden? I have two flower pots and after our little vacation they were both dead. No gardening for me:)