Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

We decided the night before to make the drive down here to Arizona for the 4th of July. We got up early that morning and made it in time for everything. Our family usually has a BBQ and then goes swimming... when we were little it was always so fun for us because it was the only day of the year my whole family actually went swimming together.

Here's Kyle cookin' the burgers.
My cute 'little' brother Eric. Don't you love the new addition to his face? He's hardcore.

Then we all went swimming... Eric looks like he's trying to escape in this picture.

CHICKEN FIGHT!

A 3 tiered chicken fight!
Then we played some Wii. Mason had to beat everyone's Wii Fit records.
He's hardcore too.


This is Stacey feeling anxious because she holds all the records that Mason is breaking.

Then we went to our city's fireworks show. It's a colorful event. We were in the extreme minority. I don't remember it being like that, but it was still fun. Mason ran in the 20 yard dash with the 25-50 year old men. He won 3rd place. This is the ribbon he got. He was very proud. It's probably because every other contestant was intoxicated - but it was well earned.

Here's our little spot!

I hope your 4th was as good as ours!

5 comments:

Quindi said...

It's surprising how similar those pictures are to some pool party we had at your place with me you and Tanya. Interesting eh?

And I must admit. I love lip rings. I'm just terrified I'd rip it out of my lip from playing with it so much.

Everts said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun and it looks like fun!! We enjoyed ours as well. I love the 4th of July. One of the best holidays. I love your modest swimsuit! :) Seems like less and less mormon girls have modest swimsuits anymore!!

Julie and Scott said...

20 yard dash, eh? Interesting. Haha CG is so random... I am glad you guys had fun :) It was fun chatting at the Enrichment activity :) I never asked how you met Mason... I am sure everyone else knows but I would love to hear it :)

xantogal said...

and I'm still waiting to meet CG for myself...

Kayz said...

Alllleeeson, you're so gorgeous! I think my fave shot of all of these is the 3 tiered chicken fight palooza. Freakin' awesome. =)