Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nature Girls

Klara and I drove up to Silver Lake up American Fork canyon to celebrate our first week of summer.  It was beautiful up there!  There was hardly anyone up there.
We also saw a cute little snake but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough...

We saw this little waterfall on the way back down...

It was so much fun.  You need a 4-wheel drive vehicle to get up there... and that's exactly what Klara has!  We have had many adventures in that truck!  I LOVE THIS TRUCK!
We drove up to the abandoned mine.  We hiked around a little bit, ate subway sandwiches, and played a game or two.
If you know me I love to take pictures... especially random or goofy ones.  This picture is one that I took with my camera timer.  We were both trying to jump in the air.  This was the closest one we got to being off the ground.
These next ones I had set the camera to take 5 pictures in a row.  I set the camera across the river and then I had to run across the bridge to make it in time.  I did not... but I made it about the 3rd one.  I love these pictures!

Wild woman in the bushes...

Sliding in!

Made it!

We had a wonderful time.  I love being out in nature!

3 comments:

Dorothy & Tony said...

Love the last couple of posts. I love all your nature pics, how beautiful is this world? I bet you are so glad to be out for summer, NOw that you have more time maybe we should all get together!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Those are so pretty! Looks like you guys had fun!

xantogal said...

We did have so much fun and we need to do it again!
p.s. I LOVE your new background!! Very cute :)
Puggy: half pug (dog) half pig. It looks really interesting. I have a picture of one somewhere....