Friday, May 29, 2009

Schools out for summer!

It's always a bitter sweet day... I am excitedly awaiting the break, but then I always get emotional while saying goodbye because I know I'll never have these kids again.  It's amazing how fast a year goes by.  I really do have the best job in the world.

This cute little girl wrote a poem about the year and framed it for me.

The hardest part for me is saying goodbye to the little ones that I just want to take home with me because I know that their home life is so hard and who knows how they are going to end up.  There was one little girl like that today... and even though she has driven me crazy all year I was sad to see her go because I am afraid of what life is going to bring for her.

But until next year...
Schools out for summer!

3 comments:

Kara Miller said...

Awwwwe your kids adore you! Their little love notes for you made me cry :) I'm sure you'll have lots that will come back and give you hugs next year. My mom always gets those sweet ones that come back!

Chad said...

those are such sweet sweet letters...at least they'll come visit you if you still plan to teach at that school...thats neat that you have been such an impact of their lives....
p.s what a cute background im gonna have to check that site out!!! =)
~teresa

Reid said...

YAY! Sounds like a great year!! What are you going to do with all your time off? anything planned yet?
This is Britta by the way. I'm using his computer. (too lazy to sign in as me)