Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I love camping!

We went camping over the Memorial Day weekend.  I love camping.  I have been wanting to go since last summer so I was eager to get out there.  We also went as a farewell to my brother Kyle and his wife Stacey.  They are moving to Arizona.  Not only am I jealous, I am going to miss them as well.  So this was our last major hurrah before they left.  Here are a bunch of pictures from the weekend.

I can't even tell you how freakin' busy it was.  We just went up American Fork canyon and it was so crowded.  We were actually on our way back to camp in Mason's parents backyard when we found this perfect little spot right next to the river.  So we slept to the sound of the roaring river next to us.  But it was perfect.  So much fun!

This was the next morning.  It rained during the night and our tent leaked.  It was actually leaking so bad that we thought we were going to have to leave.  So we said, "If it doesn't stop before we finish this game (we were playing cards) then we are going home..."  Mason said a quick prayer and right before the game ended it stopped raining and we didn't get washed away.  I was happy.  I didn't want to pack up... 1-because it was cold, 2-because it was midnight, and 3-because I LOVE CAMPING!  The picture above is of my soaking wet shirt that we stuffed in the crack to absorb the water.  


My cute little chef.  I have to point out that we made a bet during the game that night... whoever lost had to make breakfast - and he's doing such a good job at it.

He made me a Smokey the Bear pancake.  He really is talented in this area of pancake art.

Kyle being a nerd and Stacey just waking up!

Then the next morning we went on a hike up to Stewart Falls.  It's a two-tiered waterfall that is absolutely beautiful.  It was a fun hike.

This is the bottom half of the waterfall...

Kyle and Stacey in front of the top half...

You can see the top half of the waterfall and kinda see the second half in between us.  I didn't get a good shot of the two parts put together.

This is my camera's hobby - to make me always have to remind those taking my our picture that you have to push the shutter open with your finger... You'd think I'd get a new camera?  Maybe someday...

We had a great weekend!


5 comments:

Britta Mosman said...

FUN FUN FUN!! We love camping too! Looks like a great weekend:) and AZ is Great, I don't blame them for moving;) haha.

Kristina said...

Go Mason! I LOVE his pancake talent. Do you think he could make me a Ridgeline Raccoon? Or how about a hippo or llama? Seriously.... talented! Looks like fun!

xantogal said...

I am so jealous!! You went camping, Becky went hiking, I got to sit and not go anywhere because of my foot. Boo. Sometimes I don't like my life.

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

that looks so much fun! i need to go camping sometime soon, maybe up north towards flagstaff!! looks like you guys had a blast and that pancake was adorable!

Stephanie Saunders said...

I love pancakes! We went camping this past week, too! That's what we had for breakfast. Let me tell you, I made some killer circle-shaped pancakes. Good stuff.