Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rihanna


Recently I have been told that I look like the singer Rihanna.  It hasn't just come from one person... otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought to much about it, but being I have heard it from so many different sources I had to get your opinion.

Sighting #1: Last spring break we went out to Hawaii to visit some friends.  This was the first time I heard that I looked like her.  At that time I didn't even know who she was.  When I got home and did some research I had to laugh, not because I'm racist, but because she's black... and the only thing black about me is my backside - ahem.

Sighting #2:  Last summer when I went to Africa one of the girls had brought a People Magazine with them to read.  There was a whole article on Rihanna.  Everyone in our group decided that I look exactly (in their words) like her and so they proceeded to call me that from time to time on the trip.

Other random sightings have come and gone but the final one that had to make me laugh was one of my fellow first grade teachers, Britta (we miss you!!) from last year told me that I looked like her.

So what do you think guys?  

I always wondered what I would look like if I was black.  :)  

11 comments:

The Stanford Bunch said...

I think that 1st pic of her does look a lot like you!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Okay, I never noticed it, but you do! You're prettier, though.

Britta Mosman said...

Yes, yes, and yes!! But you already knew that:) BEAUTIFUL!


(I miss you guys too!) I need to come up and visit sometime soon.

How are you guys doin? How's everyone else at school? I was looking at your school posts and I must say you are an awesome teacher!!

The Everts said...

You do actually and I thought about telling you that before. LOL But of course you are mush more prettier than her, in a modest, righteous woman kinda way ;) and the fact that you really ARE prettier than her!

xantogal said...

I think the first pic really does, but as with everyone else's comments... you are WAY more beautiful then she is :)
Last night was so much fun! Thanks again.
Today's word: prostie. If you tried saying 'frostie' when your lips were numb.

Julie and Scott said...

I don't know... they might be right. I did think the girl from American Idol - Megan Joy with all her tattoos :) Kind of looked like you...

Love ya!

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

how funny... you do look alike!

Sherine said...

k- so I was reading your blog and had it was showing just the last picture when Todd walks up and asks who's blog I'm reading to which I reply.. "Mason& Allison's".. to which he says.. "wait.. isn't she black?!" as if to say.. I didn't think Mason's wife was black? So yes you must look like her.. and yes Todd is not very observant sometimes. You both are gorgeous.

Kimberly said...

Yeah, there are some similarities. The second picture doesn't look like you, but that's cool. I'd never noticed!

Jana and Brett said...

haha you could pull off being a 'sista'

longge said...

scarpe Hogan are crazily in demand by other people as well. Many women and college going kids love to wear hogan donna since the shoes are very comfortable. Devoted customers of Hogan scarpe uomo keep a check on the latest styles which Hogan uomo introduces and are ready to buy them, even though it means spending extra.