Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Highly Qualified


I have been studying like crazy to take second Praxis test. It's a test that teachers have to take before their 4th year of teaching that officially makes them 'highly qualified.' I haven't studied for anything since the day I graduated and I have to admit it's not my favorite thing to do. It's actually probably good that I had to take this test right now so that I would lighten up on Mason for the days that he doesn't study for the LSAT.

So... I have been studying all the ghosts from my past; namely: Piaget, Vygotsky, Bruner, Dewey, Maslow - just to name a few.

So this time next week I will officially be highly qualified to teach your child. Not quite sure what that means exactly. Maybe it's some right of passage that will grant me more patience in the classroom and more energy so that I won't go home so tired at night. I hope so. Maybe I'll 'glow' a little more when I walk out of that testing center. Whatever it is. It sure sounds nice to be HIGHLY QUALIFIED.

6 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

Thank goodness they don't have one of those for motherhood. I'm pretty sure I'd fail. I'm pretty sure I'd never be "highly qualified" to parent anyone's kids. Good luck!

The Everts said...

It does sound cool! Good luck and good for you!!

Britta Mosman said...

Good Luck! You will do great! Are you guys going to be in Utah for a wile longer? We need to get up there and stop by and say hi to everyone at Ridgeline.

Jana and Brett said...

haha good luck...How come I already took this test?? Maybe I didn't, and I just don't know. But we had to take two Praxis tests before we graduated up here....hmmm Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Kristina said...

LISTEN... it's simply one more way for the educational system to get more money out of us. I feel like they already have enough, and what they don't take gets spent on my classroom anyway! Good luck, though. You'll be fine. Just reflect on all of your "experiences" with children who opt out of reading recovery and your interesting Asian from last year! That's educational psychology to the fullest!!

Josh said...

Hey! Is that picture of Praxis Cliff Notes real? My wife has to take the same test, she just did her Praxis I, but she wants to just get her Praxis II outta the way so she's studying too! Haha... is that real? She could use Cliffs Notes haha... good luck!