Friday, February 27, 2009

Renaissance Festival - Arizona

It's a family tradition of ours to every year go to the Renaissance Fair just east of Phoenix.  It's so much fun.  If any of you live in Arizona... go.  You will love it.  Here are a few of the things that we did that day.
It's a whole village themed after the time period.  There is a king, queen, knights, gypsies, wenches, wizards, jesters... you name it - it's there.  The whole village is authentic.  They have time appropriate food, shows, shops... it's great.

This was an AMAZING juggling show that we went to.  It was so good we went twice during the day!

The food there is DELICIOUS.  Mason and I had been dreaming of our favorite things ever... the turkey legs.  I won't even try to describe how absolutely delicious these are...  Just take a look.  That expression on Mason's face is (blinded by the sun) but nothing less than pure bliss.

This is Ryan and Eric both enjoying the turkey legs as well.

When I was a little girl I always wanted to be a gypsy.  Looks like I got my wish.  Pretty hot huh??

They have lots of fun games to play too.  I tried the bow-and-arrow...  The last one I tried hit the bottom corner of the target.  (The others hit the ground)  :)

Mason did much better than I, to say the least.

So one of my favorite shows is the mudmen.  They are these HILARIOUS two guys who are basically cavemen.  One is civilized and one is called the 'wildman.'  Well at the beginning of the show the civilized man says that he is looking for a wild man to be in the show with him.  He then asks the women of the audience who has the wildest man of them all.  Needless to say... my wild man made it on stage.
I was so proud of him!!  Haha... here is is putting on his mud paint.  

It was so funny.  Like I said they were having try-outs for the 'true' wild man. He had to talk the wild man talk and dance like a wild man.  Of course it's suppose to be fixed and the audience is suppose to choose the guy in the show, but Mason did such a good job the audience cheered more for him than the real mudman.  The mudman said, "We're just gonna pretend that didn't happen."  He got to keep the hat as a souvenir.

It was a great way to leave Arizona.  Our flight flew out that night.

7 comments:

xantogal said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I have never been to a Renaissance Festival, but have ALWAYS wanted to go! I'm glad you had fun. Thanks for posting pics :)

Kara Miller said...

YAY Mason the wildman! Haha
I always see people walking around D-land and CA Adventure with those giant turkey thighs. It really is so Medieval/Renaissance!

Britta Mosman said...

That looks like so much fun!! I saw ads for it in the news paper here but didn't think too much about it. But MAN ALIVE! Reid and I need to hit that place up! I'll have to find out when it ends. You and Mason are too cute together:)

Dorothy said...

Seriously that looks like so much fun. How great would it ahve been to see Mase painting himself in mud! Love the pics. Wish they had something like that here. Or do they??? We need to play it has been way too long!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Okay, gotta admit that the sight of the turkey legs always made me want to dry-heave. But that was always so much fun! And I must admit, you look quite the temptress as a gypsy.

Kristina said...

That looks like it was a ton of fun! I love the picture of you shooting the bow and arrow. You look so powerful!! Mason looks pretty good in makeup too. Ha, ha!

daniel said...

mason ate 2!

i heard the stories