Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday - to me!

Last Saturday was my birthday. I have been meaning to blog about it but I have been up over my head with parent teacher conferences and making substitute plans for this upcoming week as I am currently home in AZ. Ahhh...
Anyway... Friday night everyone got together for my birthday. Ryan's (my elder brother) birthday is Feb. 4th so we decided to have a joint celebration at the Mayan. The Mayan is a fun resturant that has a tribal atmosphere and then a diving show performed right in front of you while you are eating. None of us had ever been there so it was fun! We had a table right up front.



Needless to say (but to help me admit by accepting the fact) that I am now 26. Boo.


Here we are, Ryan and I celebrating our birthdays! When I was young I always use to get excited for the 4 days that were between Ryan's and my birthday because I felt like I was actually catching up to him in age instead of the two year difference.

Mason was so nice to me for my birthday this year. I think he was trying to make up for last year when we were broke as a joke and not much happened. Here is what he did for me:

I woke up with a tray full of Cheeto hot fries. Now to some this may seem strange - but to me... Here's the story. These things are absolutely delicious. But here is what makes them so special for my birthday. When I lived back east 3 years ago they use to have these at gas stations and I would get them on special occasions. Much to my dismay they do not carry these in the gas stations in the whole state of Utah. A couple of months ago Mason drove to Colorado with his friends for a football game and while he was there I asked him to check the gas station for these. He thought I was a bit strange but alas he found some and brought me a bag home. Only then did he taste them and realize how amazing they were. So... everytime we leave the state we look in gas stations and very rarely do we actually have success. But somehow - he won't tell me how - he managed to get a whole supply for me, for my birthday. A completely thoughtful gift.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, he scheduled us a couples massage down at the DeLeon spa in Lindon. It was wonderful and so relaxing. What a sweetheart.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

Britta Mosman said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like a great bday:) I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

Happy birthday! And have fun in Arizona this week... Stacey told me about it, sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Josh said...

HA! I've had those! They are good... you are silly haha

Julie and Scott said...

Hey! Happy Birthday - it was fun to see you at Church :)

xantogal said...

Glad you had a good birthday! :)

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

awww that is so thoughtful of him..thats very sweet!! happy late birthday. sorry we missed you guys but hopefully we see you soon!! i hope you had a wonderful birthday but it sounds like you did!! =)

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday Al! Glad you had a great Birthday! You deserve it! Isn't it great having such a wonderful Hubby to share these special days with!!!!

Emily said...

You are here and haven't called me? What is wrong with you? LOL
Happy belated birthday!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Happy Birthday :)

The Yorkies said...

happy belated birthday sweetie! i hope you had a fun time :) love ya