Saturday, February 21, 2009

Afternoon off...

About three times in the school year I have to take the afternoon off to go to a training at the district office.  Basically the only thing good about these meetings is not really that I get to leave my kids - because then I have to do sub plans and thats a hassle at times... but the good thing is that usually the meeting gets out early and I have an extra hour in my day.  During a normal school day I am allowed to leave the school at 4:00 but usually stay much longer.  But when I have these meetings I am usually done by 3:15.

To some this probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but an hour or more to me opens up a whole new world of opportunity for cleaning, going to Walmart, washing clothes, reading a book, perhaps taking a nap... you never know what could happen in that hour.  Well here is how I decided to spend my extra hour in my day:


Yes I decided to do one of my favorite past times and lock my keys in my car.  So I got to sit on the steps of the district office (atleast it was warm outside) and wait for my gracious friend Klara to come pick me up because Mason had my only spare key and you know me...  I'm to cheap to call a locksmith.  Yes that's my reflection in the window... doesn't it kinda look like the keys are mocking me - the way they are hanging there??  Ooooo...

Thank you so much Klara!

6 comments:

xantogal said...

You are SO VERY WELCOME! I love it when you call me... even if it's to give you a ride somewhere after you've locked your keys in your car :)
P.S. I think your keys were giving you the stare down! Don't let them do that...

Kent Saunders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Saunders said...

That's right. You tell those keys who's boss. (Uh, yeah. Posted the last one under Kent, not me)

Britta Mosman said...

Oh no!! You'll have to get one of those magnetic holders that go under your car. They work great! I've had mine for six years now and it sure has been handy! Keys like to play tricks on ya, haha:)

Kara Miller said...

Bummer! So much for extra time to get things done.

Kristina said...

That totally sucks! The ONE day all year you'll get a little R&R too. I am so sorry! I've done that before and it just makes you feel like an idiot.