Monday, January 5, 2009

I gave it a try and I liked...!

For some reason in my life I try to avoid the trends that appear suddenly and sweep the nation - aka... High School Musical, the Twilight series, etc. But I was pretty sick over Christmas break and decided to give the Twilight series a go... way after the fact of popularity.



Needless to say it consumed my life for the past 6 days it took me to read. Mason and I went to see the movie, yes he's great for going with me. Obviously the cynic in me thought that the movie was going to be a joke. We both couldn't help but laugh when the first shot of Edward appeared and the girls behind us sighed saying, "Yummy." But it really was good and I have joined the rest of the women in the world by enjoying the serious. I am halfway through the second book. I suppose it's a good thing school has started to get me doing something else with my life.

6 comments:

BrettnJana said...

Allleeeson! Welcome to the world of Twilight! I loved them, and will read them again this year. :0) I think a Congratulations is deserved.

Stephanie Saunders said...

Yeah, High School Musical should definitely be avoided. And even though I wasn't a fan of the movie, I LOVED the books.

xantogal said...

I myself am not quite ready to jump on this bandwagon :) But I'm glad you liked the first book and though I am positive I will also fall in love with the books, I am waiting longer... haha.

Julie and Scott said...

I avoided it too... just like I did Harry Potter. But I finally gave in so I could fit in at Encrichment and know who the heck Edward and Jacob were. I read all four books in a month! Yes, they are good :) Scott wouldn't dare come to the movies with me to see it. So your husband is a total sweetie!

Kyle and Stacey Leybas said...

Another tragic fall into the trap of popular literature. Welcome, and I'm sorry.

longge said...

There will no hanging threads or irregular stitches seen on an louis vuitton . There will be a logo which is placed on every louis vuitton bag to make them authentic. The logo will be same for every Louis vuitton bags and there is no difference in the shape or size. louis vuitton handbags do not give discount offers and allow whole sale purchases on their bags.