Friday, January 9, 2009

Heart Strings...

I love music. I always have - different types, different styles... Music puts me in moods, enhances my life, and uplifts me. Every once in a while I will come across a song that I will put on repeat and play it OVER and OVER again until I know every word and every layer of sound. Every once in a while there will be a song, and sometimes a singer, who blows my mind with the beauty of the song. It seriously puts me in a trance. I know this is sounding extreme but I have come across two songs that I can't get out of my head.

Beyonce. Now wait a second... I'm not all that obsessed with her hip-hop "If I Were A Boy" stuff. Recently Beyonce was in a movie called Cadillac Records. Cadillac Records tells the story of Chess Records, a music label based in Chicago that was the first to bring Mississippi blues to mainstream music. With Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter and Etta James on the label, Chess was present for the birth of rock and roll, and the affect these black musicians had on the civil rights movement. Awesome movie... I totally loved it.

Anyway... You probably know Etta James' famous wedding song, "At Last." Well Beyonce plays Etta James in this movie and she is nothing short of amazing. I have never really thought twice about her... But here are two songs that she sings in the movie that absolutely put me into a trance throughout the entire song. Not only is she beautiful, but man has she got a set of lungs. Watch the emotion that just exuberates as she is singing. You go girl.



If only I could sing like this... believe me - I sure do try in my car.


2 comments:

Dorothy said...

She is amazing! I get the same way with certain songs! Oh and by they way, I just finished all the twilight books and Al they are amazing! You are seriously going to love them. i actually just started reading them again!

An Everts Tale said...

Yeah, pretty darn good. I wish I could belt it out like that...what is the movie rated? Is it out yet?