Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas is OFFICIALLY over...

It's true. We FINALLY took down our decorations yesterday. I have been meaning to post about the 'Lefler' Christmas but I have been waiting to get the pictures back from my brother in law.

So this will be my last Christmas post. Haha. The Lefler's have some awesome traditions so it was really fun to be a part of that this year. They do gag gifts. At Thanksgiving everyone draws a name and they have to do a gag gift for that person. Last year I was really nervous because Mason's oldest brother Adrian had me and I was afraid of what he was going to do. Luckily I got off easy. Well this year Mason's other older brother Bryan had me and I had his wife Tandi.

Just so you know... I was sicker than death this night. About 2 hours prior to this party I was throwing up... so that's why I look absolutely awful - that's how I felt. Anyway... Tandi just had a new baby. She already has two little girls and this new baby was her 3rd. I decided to make her some slippers out of maxi-pads for these reasons:

(This is the insert that went in her shoe box with the slippers)

These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe
* Three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags.

The no more bending over to mop up spills was the greatest feature for her being she has been having a hard time recovering from having the baby and being she always has a new baby in her arms. It was great. So I bought the most obnoxious pads I could find and then decorated them a bit to make them look 'super cute.' Haha... They were a hit! Here they are:

Aren't the bumble bees the perfect touch...? Here is Tandi opening them and me explaining their functions.


Then Mason drew his mom's name. She has been trying to stop eating chocolate for quite some time now. So he decided to help her by using some of his own tactics. They have a household cat named Wedgie and so he decided to disguise some of her chocolates with some secret 'Wedgie rolls' (tootsie rolls) and as shown below some Wedgie Avenue and some Kat Crispy. Yes he went through the cat box and added some of Wedges own person rolls. So Laura (Mason's mom) never knew which chocolates were really chocolates or if they were Wedgie poo... Needless to say the house kinda stunk after his gag gift.

THEN... as if this wasn't enough he decided to give her some shock therapy. He would ask her some questions about chocolate and if she answered positively he would shock her with this game that my brothers gave me for Christmas 2 years ago. (Notice the shock pads on her head)

LASTLY... he made her this hat with a frosted cookie tied to the front for her to wear with her hands tied behind her back to give her some exercise while she is trying to eat it. She actually did say that she no longer desires tootsie rolls. The Wedgie rolls have scared her for life!


Mason's Grandma had him. Mason has been having a hard time figuring out what he wants to do with his career/future. So she gave him a magic 8 balls to help him make the important decisions.


Adrian - Mason's oldest brother had GG (Mason's grandma) and he gave her a hair protector because she complains in the summer if ever anyone is driving in the car with the windows down because it messes up her hair. She should be proud!

Then, as I said, Mason's older brother Bryan drew my name. He gave me a 'mini Mason' that can attach to my arm whenever Mason is at work or with his friends because I hate being alone and am always wanting Mason's attention. So this 'mini Mason' can be carried around with me where ever I go. Thank you Bryan!

And so here he sits on my alarm clock to wish me a good morning each day. I love him!

Oh my 'mini Mason.'

3 comments:

Josh said...

HA! Those gag gifts are Hilarious! You guys are both pretty creative with your multi-pupose super efficient maxi-pad slippers and Mason's cure for chocolate craves... good stuff! You throwing up for any particular reason, haha?! Sorry you got sick... that's no fun!

Kara Miller said...

I want a Mini-Matt! Classic :)

Josh said...

Ummm, confession... I partially imitated the Mini-Mason... expanding on the idea I made a very similar Valentine's Gift for my wife for her separation anxieties. She absolutely LOVES it, but I must give credit where credit is due.