Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adele

As part of an early birthday presents Mason surprised me with tickets to one of our recently new and favorite artists!  Her name is Adele... she is from Europe - I think she has been around a couple of years or so.  Anyway... we went up to the Murray theatre on a really foggy night this Friday night.  Here we are standing outside the theatre.

*Notice the great clarity of my picture phone - HA!*

When I first heard her voice I was blown away with the crispness of her perfect pitch!  Seriously... listen to her song and you can just hear the control in her voice.  She is so talented.  One of the things I like most about her is her image.  She is darling!!  20 years old - makes me feel ancient.  But when she was on stage she was so cute.

Her confidence is amazing and she was having so much fun out there.  The theatre was full so apparently she is getting pretty popular.  But she was still loving the applause and attention from the audience.  It was refreshing from the normal 'use-to-it' performers.  

It was standing only and we were really close to the stage.  It was great.  This lady kept trying to pick a fight with Mason...  It was kinda funny.  Apparently she thought that her daughter couldn't see through him... what was he suppose to do?  Move?  Haha... He was polite and stepped to the other side of me but the woman was SO offended...  Sorry he existed lady.  Relax.

So if you haven't heard of her, look up some of her songs.  I really like her.  Here's one of her good ones.  She has a lot more mellow ones too... Take a look!

10 comments:

Britta Mosman said...

Great find!! Reid and I loved it. He is so into music too, so when we find new, unique stuff it's exciting!

Dorothy said...

You two are so great! We just love you guys! Thank you for your last comment. It will be weird to have three. Ahhhh the craziness!

xantogal said...

At a glance... I almost thought you were the one on stage singing! I had to look again to make sure I was not mistaken :)

Britta Mosman said...

Thanks for the help! I sometimes feel like an idiot when it comes to computers:) haha. I guess I don't miss the inside recesses and the wild kids that result from it. I'm sorry you guys are having that happen this week! Do you have a pretty good class this year, otherwise?

Britta Mosman said...

Allison, I just saw your posts of your trip to Africa!!! That looked like it was amazing and Im sure it was! What a great thing to do. Thats awesome!

Josh said...

So I know your birthday isn't till tomorrow, but I wanna be the first (at least through blogger) to wish you a Happy Birthday! You have the most unique personality and everyone who knows you adores you! Happy Birthday Allison!

Kayz said...

LUCKY!!! I LOVE Adele! I'm super jealous. Glad to hear you're livin' it up and lovin' it! =)

Britta Mosman said...

I just saw that is was your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful one:)

Thanks for the compliment on the hair, you're sweet! The girl that did my hair was Holly, I don't remember her last name, and her # is 801-694-4949. She works out of her home and she lives just down the sr highway from school. (I can't remember that subdivision behind Cabella's) Anyway that's where she lives. haha, sorry to ramble on...I tend to do that at times.

I hope all is well! Have a great week at school:)

Tanya said...

Allison,
Happy birthday! I remembered it, honest, but in my craziness of a life I didn't get a chance to call you! What a big girl you are now! Haha! You guys are so good at getting out and having fun! I love it! And she is good! I've never heard of her, thanks for the intro! Have you been watching Idol lately?

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

you dont know how freaking glad i swung by your page today to hear her. i dont think i realized you have a song of her's posted from youtube the first time i read this blog. AMAZING voice, at first i wasnt feelin it, then i started to listen to her words along with voice and the song got quite catchy...thanks for the introduction. ps it was such a good time to get to sit down and visit with you guys that night! its always so fun to be around you two! ♥you guys!!!