Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I feel like the only things I blog about lately are my holiday decorations and my classroom events... I suppose I need to have some children to spice up my blog a bit. I could blog and blog about Mason... but I don't really think you want to read about that either. So here is yet another blog about my decorations.

Here was our living room BEFORE...


And here it is AFTER...


I got some new things this year mom. You can't really see it but I got a really cute table runner that I love. I also love having a fire place with a mantle to hang our stockings on.


Someone gave us these stockings as a wedding gift. I just got these stocking holders at this darling boutique called "Dear Lizzy" in Alpine that I love but hardly ever go to because it's so stinkin' expensive. Here's our tree:


And this is the nativity I got in Africa. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this nativity. It is hand crafted out of mahogany wood. They are beautiful. I wish the picture showed them more clearly.


The only other decorations is my front door. Being we live in a basement apartment we can't really do the yard... so I did the door. I love it. It makes me feel all warm and cozy when I'm coming home. It snowed two days ago so this is one of the first times I have been able to see Christmas lights in the snow. Every other year I've been up here it hasn't really snowed until after Christmas. It's so pretty!!


I promise my next blog won't be about my classroom Christmas party... hopefully. :) Also, don't miss the blog below asking for your addresses!!!

8 comments:

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

you did such a great job. i love reading about all your things. i really do enjoy the decorations blogs cause it makes me want to get motivated and decorate our place. this year i've only put up our nutcrackers and we have never bought a tree since we're always up there for christmas time. you really did do a great job. i cant wait to see you guys again soon i had fun getting to chat with you last time, even though we just did alot of waiting and ball rolling ☺

xantogal said...

I love your decorations!! They are so much better than mine... I still have the same ol' same ol' stuff and stuff. Decorate away!!!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful! So we have never been to your crib. hmmmmm???? I love it! Christmas seriously is the best time of the year! It is cozy and peaceful! I will text you my address!

Emily said...

I love your decorations. I have not done hardly anything. I was really excited about decorating and then pooped out after the tree got put up. Oh well...

The Yorkies said...

I love it! I was thinkin about posting a blog with my holiday decor... I'm really jealous of your fireplace. It's way cute! Love ya sweetie

Stephanie Saunders said...

Too cute! Fireplaces are the greatest things to decorate. I got these adorable wooden blocks from Tai Pan- I love that store! I'll have to make a post of 'em.

Kayz said...

I love the decorations! Where'd you get the nativity? They look exactly like mine from Kenya! =) You have sweet style!!

Melodrama Mama said...

Hi Allison! 'N' about died when I showed him your blog - he is still in shock and awe over your incredible-ness. He is walking around the house saying 'I can't believe Mrs. Lefler found your blog. I always knew she was AMAZING!'

I LOVE your decorating!