Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Pilgrims and the Indians

Yesterday we had our little Thanksgiving feast. The whole week before we learn about what the Pilgrims did for work and how it was when they first arrived. Then we play some games and write with feather pens (and paint - not ink). And on the day before school gets out we re-inact the first Thanksgiving. I let the kids choose whether they want to be Pilgrims or Indians. Then then make their costumes and they each bring in something for the feast. This year I pushed all the desks together and made one huge table. They thought that was pretty cool.




I love my job.


I'll tell ya, these kids don't get much cuter.



















4 comments:

Kara Miller said...

Look at those strapping pilgrims! :)
My mom's class did this yesterday too, and as she was showing them the Indian vest - one little boy says, "That's not a vest, that's a paper bag!"

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

So cute! I don't know how you get the energy to keep up with all those little ones!

xantogal said...

How fun was that? I vaguely remember doing something like that in first or second grade... they're all adorable!

xinxin said...

The sides of louis vuitton 2010 have buckles that let you gather or lower the sides to create more or less space inside your bag. Therefore, whether you need the space for travel accessories or don't want to spend all night digging for your keys, you can adjust the depth of louis vuitton bags 2010 to suit you. I am a huge fan of the trendy oversized, super-slouchy new louis vuitton bags 2010 that we always see the Olsen twins carrying around, and this new louis vuitton handbags 2010 fits this description perfectly. Or, as I like to call them, enormous and ginormous!