Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reasons To Love Mason On His Birthday


This is Mason's first grade picture. How could you not love this little boy?? It’s Mason’s birthday today and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to share some bizarre and heartwarming things about him that I love:

He gives me a big hug and kiss and tells me he loves me before he leaves anywhere

He makes me yummy breakfasts

He eats my leftovers

He empties out his pockets on the kitchen table and leaves a clutter pile of his wallet, spare change, cell phone and receipts

He makes wonderful BLTs

He ALWAYS helps me do the dishes after cooking

He still opens the car door for me

He loses everything - which makes me feel important because I usually know where things are

He will give his life for any bug, small creature, or animal on any given day

He sings about 75% of the time we are together

He is extremely intelligent

He is very patient with me

He makes me feel like I have the capacity to do anything and be good at it

He is good at everything – even if it’s something he’s never done before

He has an extreme sense of smell

He’s got the rhythm of a soul singing black man from the 60s

His hair curls

He can’t stand anyone touching his feet

He’s my own personal tutor in the gospel and is so devoted to it

He is strong

He loves cookies

He compliments my cooking even when it’s down right disgusting

He is wonderful with children and I have no doubt that he will be a good father

He is honest

He has high expectations of me – which is a good thing because sometimes I tend to lose sight of the important things

He carries around those flossing plastic things all the time

He likes to play games

He talks to plants

He thinks if he were an animal he would be a bear – I agree.

He makes me laugh

Basically I could go on and on but I thought it would be fun to share just a few things that make Mason unique to me. He’s a wonderful example to me and I am so thankful that I have him in my life. Happy Birthday hun!

4 comments:

Clayton & Niki said...

That was freaky! When I was reading those things about Mason, I realized that him and Clayton are a lot alike on some things. haha
Sounds like you got a good one Allison, I'm happy for you! :)

Emily said...

You have a jewel, Allison! Happy Birthday Mason!

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON!!!

hope you guys are doing well! we need to get together soon allison, it has been too long.

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

what a great post, i love it! happy birthday mason we miss and love you guys!! hope all is well, AZ misses ya this time of year!