Saturday, October 18, 2008

Body Worlds



Mason and I went to Body Worlds last night. It's an exhibit of human bodies and body parts that have been plastinated and preserved. I really wanted to go because I have always been curious about the human body and how it all works and is put together. But the only problem is that I get so queasy at the sight of blood and sometimes even thinking about how the body works - strange I know. Well I really wanted to go to this because I knew that I would never dissect a human body because I wouldn't be able to handle it - which is why I majored in elementary education. But this was absolutely amazing. They have donated bodies posed in different positions so that you can see how everything fits in the body. I would highly recommend it to anyone that isn't extremely queasy when it comes to those types of things. I was able to handle it so only those who are extreme wouldn't be able to handle it. The most amazing part to me was they had the different stages of a developing fetus. Being I've never had children I guess I never realized or really gave much thought to this. I couldn't believe how amazing and miraculous each stage was. Our bodies are so complex and every single tiny thing is so perfectly placed inside of us. Like I said before, I would definately recommend it!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

My husband and I went to see Body Worlds when it was in LA. Totally amazing. It was pretty educational, but by the end I was like, "Get me some people with some freaking skin!" Did your exhibit have the plastinated Giraffe? Freaky.

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

I have been dying to see this! We will probably go next weekend, I'm glad you recommend it!!

Kayz said...

I have actually wanted to see that! Too bad you can't take more pictures and then it'll be as if I was actually there. =)

longge said...

louis vuitton bag has been a bestseller almost continually since then. But remember, before there was Louis vuitton bags , there was louis vuitton handbags Vuitton started his empire as a layetier, outfitting French bergouisie with louis vuitton .