Monday, September 15, 2008

The simple things...

These are just a few of the simple things in my life that are making me happy right now. I thought I might share them.


We were SO EXTREMELY lucky to get this piano for completely free!! Mason was at church the other day and someone in his class was moving and asked if anyone wanted a piano. He was the only one who raised his hand. I was so excited!! And the coolest thing is that when we got it three of the keys were broken. Mason and I took the whole thing apart and fixed all three keys. We were so impressed with ourselves. Really we were... we weren't expecting to be able to fix it... we are just that amazing. Haha. I love it though. It was covered in cobwebs and dust but I shined that baby up and he is so happy now in his new home. It was hilarious watching the 8 men it took to bring this thing into our home. I guess while they were bringing it down the street (because the house it came from is only 2 doors down) one of the guys was playing "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet" as the 3 guys on each side of the piano were trying not to drop the thing. It weighs a ton. We are so lucky to have it and I LOVE playing it. I haven't had a piano to play since I left home in Arizona what was it, 8 years ago!!

I love flowers. They have such little personalities. These sunflowers started growing in front of our door the other day. I love how their little heads turn in the direction of the sun. When I leave the house in the morning they are looking for me and when I come home they are looking for me too. I'm a nerd - I know... but I feel like they are my friends. Haha! Also, I was given this gerber daisy at the end of the school year last year and I have kept it alive and it even survived me replanting it. Mason laughs at me because I struggle with the green thumb at times - which is why I am so proud that this guy has sprouted another little flower head. He should open up here in the next day or so. This is the first flower bud that has come up since I replanted him back in June. So I am a proud parent. They are so pretty when the open up.




Lastly there is this little kitty that has been coming to our house and he is just the sweetest thing ever. We have been wanting to get a cat but much to our dismay our landlords won't let us have pets. I even tried to say that I wanted to surprise Mason with a kitten for his birthday which is coming up... but that didn't work. So it looks like this little guy is the closest thing we will come to a pet. But he is pretty dang cute especially when he looks through our blinds at me and meows. I feed him chicken from a can in hopes that he will come around daily and if the landlords ask... he's not ours... and he doesn't come in... I will miss him in the winter unless he trudges through the snow to get his chicken.

3 comments:

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

what a great piano, and being that it was free makes it beautiful. im proud of you two for fixing it. i would have felt the same if we were to fix something together not knowing we could. what a cute lil kittie too, we have a male that looks just like him. im sure eventually he's going to try to run in the door when you guys enter or leave....all because of that chicken...hahaha good luck! oh and when you get a free chance call me and i'll help you with that pic. i'll text mason my number. i have to talk to walk you through it cause its kind of hard to explain?? lol
miss you guys!

The Millers said...

What a wonderful piano! You guys are so lucky!! My mom keeps wanting to get rid of hers...I keep telling her to save it for when Matt and I get a bigger place! So it's chillin in her garage. We both play and would LOVE to have one. Space is the issue with us though :) And those flowers are totally your little babies!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Ooh, I wish I could get a kitten. Kent says that we don't need a kitten: we have kids. Unfortunately kids aren't warm and fuzzy and they don't go poop in a box. Needless to say, I have yet to convince him.