Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School

It has officially started! I feel like I just got out for the summer. That's alright though. I have almost finished my first week. This is my third year of teaching. I have taught 1st grade each year. I enjoy it. I always forget how little they are though when they come in. It's amazing how much these kids grow through the year.

I have a big class this year! I am starting off with 28 kids. Usually I start off with around 24 kids and then end the year with 27 or 28. So... we shall see how many I actually end up with. That is a ton of 6 year olds but they make me laugh and I love em. I just come home exhausted. But Mason has learned my quirks and how to suffice the crabby beast.

In about two weeks I am going to start teaching an after school ballroom dance class for the 4th graders. It's just an introduction to ballroom dance class but I am excited to be dancing again. I have never taught dance before, only done it - and I have never really worked with that age before. But it still will be fun!

10 comments:

Emily said...

I love to see you dance, I bet the kids will have fun. Remember lip sync in my living room???

KM said...

WOW!!! 28 first graders!! Is that even allowed? Oiii! I know exactly what you mean about coming home exhausted/beat. I remember how you came home in Alpine and still had a social life. How in the world did you manage that for your first year??? I work til like 11 pm every night. And my feet kill!!! Any words of wisdom? (I just finished my 2nd week of school). I still am gawking at the thought of 28 first graders from day 1!

Josh said...

You'll be a great dance teacher! Have fun with another year in school... it may be your last for quite some time if you start having babies!

Tanya said...

Allison,
You are so accomplished! If I were your mom and dad I would be sooo proud! You are awesome! It's so cool that you got to go to Africa! I bet you are a great teacher! Brittani will be starting first grade in 2010- it would be so cool if you were her teacher. Anyway, it's good to see how you are doing! -Tanya

Clint, Jana, and Dallas said...

Oh Allison, you are so amazing! Those kids are lucky to have you. Teaching dance is the best - you'll love it! 100 times easier than teaching school I'm sure :)

DR Gunderson Family said...

I'm sure you'll shine, as always, while teaching the ballroom class :) I love your blog :)

DR Gunderson Family said...

Hey there!
We have a very high-stung Chocalate Lab puppy. He's so much fun, but he is a handful :) I'll post a pic of him :)love you guys!

deserttodistrict said...

You'll be great teaching those younguns to dance! It can't be any worse than working with me during Evita!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Girl, you are just as beautiful as ever- maybe even more so, if that's possible. Glad to see you're happy and doing well!
-Stephanie Saunders (staats)

The Stanford Bunch said...

that's so cool you teach school, how fun, and have fun teaching dance!!!